The Life of Me

The trials and tribulations that I will endure

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miami, Florida, United States

Im a sports junky, mainly basketball and I love UT sports. I am a UT Longhorn Alum class of 2006 and am currently a 4th year medical student at NSUCOM in Miami, FL

Monday, August 14, 2006

I conquered week 1 !!

So after 6 class days...I have realized that i like my school..everything from the facilities to my fellow classmates (collegues)..Surprisingly the 8-4 schedule isnt really bothering..I just take a 30 min-1hr nap and im good to go to study or whatever. Ive also realized that Dr. Block one of my many biochem teachers really cant speak, his first lecture i could only recognize the word carbohydrate. however the next couple of lectures were better. I guess i had to adapt my ears to decipher his muffled noises. And anatomy, one of my friends Cat who is also from houston (UH undergrad).. his cadaver was really fat (restaurant owner) and i think his cadaver had just died..because the insides were all bright red...like in the steak section at the grocery store...Yea, it was gross and it stank so bad too (i think now its rotting so they cant use that cadaver any more) The school is probably going to get a new cadaver..or they will just spread out and join other ppl's group.. Also at our school there is a dress code; scrubs or professional attire. So i just wear my scrubs i dont mind it at all..and i actually prefer it. The hardest subject so far is anatomy we have class 4 times a week and its a 8 credit hour class...

My roommates are both really cool..and we get along fine.. and i really like my apt. as well as the general area of where i live, even tho no chanktown :( Its 10 min away from downtown ft lauderdale and 30 min from miami..4o min away from south beach..1 hour from west palm beach etc etc..

All in all the environment im in will definately not make me depressed (which is why i didnt even bother applying to some TX schools like Texas Tech and A&M) You have to feel comfortable in med school.or else its gonna be really tough to endure.IMO

OH and a good friend of mine is leaving our class because she got accepted to NYU College of medicine..im happy for her (she's from NY so is her family)..but it sux that she hasta leave..I wish her the best of luck ..and a safe journey back home...

This is all i can think of!! more to come

1 Comments:

Blogger MikeyLU said...

I dont wanan see your kids anyway...lol

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home