The Life of Me

The trials and tribulations that I will endure

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miami, Florida, United States

Im a sports junky, mainly basketball and I love UT sports. I am a UT Longhorn Alum class of 2006 and am currently a 4th year medical student at NSUCOM in Miami, FL

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Doctor-ing

A much needed update:

Currently, Im in my 3rd month of Doctor-ing. Time is flying pretty fast, mainly because I'm working so damn much. The 1 hour commute isn't as bad as i thought it would be. For 1, your mind is not at use when you are being driven, you can sleep, read, have leisure time, check email/facebook (thanks iphone 4). Also I got the new iphone, and i Jb'ed it. Its awesome a HUGE upgrade from the 3G. Meanwhile, Droid phones are popping up like crazy its still nice to keep track of what they have to offer.

Doctoring has been pretty awesome, everyone has been pretty nice and I'm learning stuff. I have had some interesting patients. And I'm now trying to study for my last step of my boards. Ill be taking it end of September which is pretty early for most. Most interns take it at the very end of intern year, I'm being gutsy/stupid, so we'll see how it goes.

Living in NYC is pretty bad ass. I always treat myself to goodies to eats on my post call days. Friends visiting from out of town is always fun. And I'm reminded everytime I come home to why i pay so much rent. The place is just so freakin comfortable, I cant wait to come home after a long days of work.

I know for sure i'll update after i take my boards, hopefully sooner

Anyone who actually reads this post are always welcome to our NYC pad. Just got to inquire about dates of travel, some people have already made some reservations =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home